The first iteration of Phuture’s testnet is now live here on the Rinkeby Ethereum testnet. We are taking a multi staged approach to rolling out the full protocol on testnet, with each stage introducing further functionality. The goal of this approach is to involve our community at the earliest stage of product testing in order to obtain valuable product feedback. The feedback we receive will kick start the iterative process of product improvements, allowing us to find product/market fit faster.
Testnet Alpha introduces the core mechanisms for creating, minting and redeeming index products. Here are the included features:
- 19 available assets
- Index Creator Tool allows you to create your own fixed weighted index with customisable weights, assets, name, ticker and logo
- Social investing enabled. Indices created, can be seen and minted by anyone.
- Full minting and redemption logic.
It is important to note that the product is still in the early stages of testing and as such there is not only a LOT of refinements to be made but also a LOT of additional functionality to be added.
Please follow these steps in order to interact with Phuture’s testnet:
- Go to the Phuture testnet app
- Connect your wallet to the Rinkeby testnet. You can find out how to switch networks here.
- Ensure your wallet has Rinkeby ETH. You can obtain testnet ETH from this faucet.
- You will need USDC to create and mint indices. This is obtained by converting some of the ETH you received in the previous step on this Uniswap pool.
- You are now ready to start creating, minting and redeeming indices.
- Please submit your feedback here. The best constructive feedback will be rewarded with PHTR tokens.